If you have difficulty coming up with strong passwords for your accounts, then you should try an online password generator from the list we have compiled. There is a security scale from 1 to 5 with 5 being the most secure generator.
- GRC ultra high security password generator. This is an online password generator that you should use when you want a completely random, ultra high secure password. Every password that is generated is completely random without any pattern. Also the page uses a SSL connection and does not cache the password so that you are the only one able to see it. Use this to secure your wireless connection, encrypt confidential data and restrict access to important information. (Security scale: 5)
- MakePassword. An online password generator that can generate a single random password or lists of hundreds of random passwords. You choose the character sets, password length and the quantity to create. Hash values can also be created for your convenience. This password generator is useful for getting a password for personal use or for generating large lists of default passwords. (Security scale: 3)
- SafePasswd. This is an easy to use online password generator with a nice interface. You can choose the length, the character set and whether you want uppercase and lowercase letters. (Security scale: 2)
- PC Tools secure password generator. This online password generator allows you to create random passwords that are highly secure and extremely difficult to crack or guess due to an optional combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers and punctuation symbols. Their page uses SSL encryption for better security. (Security scale: 4)
- PassPlex. Basic free password generator that is very easy to use. You can choose length, complexity and whether numbers and symbols are included. (Security scale: 2)
- Random Key Generator. This page produces a list of random keys and passwords to use for encryption, WPA keys and other uses. (Security scale: 3)
- genPassword. A very nice looking online password generator with a modern interface and all the basic options plus the option not to use similar characters. (Security scale: 3)
You should be aware that some online password generators do not create random (or pseudo-random more precisely) passwords due to weak algorithms. This can be exploited by an attacker that knows what generator you have used. You should also be careful of sites that don’t use SSL encryption to deliver the generated password. An attacker could sniff the unencrypted data and see the password. We recommend that you consult the security scale of our list. For sites and accounts that do not contain important information you can use a basic generator with a security scale from 2 to 3. For accounts that contain confidential data (such as email accounts and wireless network keys) you should use a generator with a security scale over 4.
Using this online password generator list will help you next time you want to create a secure password.